Install Flex SDK in Ubuntu LinuxPosted: January 13, 2011
If you want to install FlexSDK in your Linux Ubuntu machine, below are the steps to be followed:
1. Download and unzip the file.
2. Create a directory called flex in /opt directory:
sudo mkdir /opt/flex/
3. Copy the unzipped file from temp directory to the flex directory.
sudo cp -r * /opt/flex
4. Check and give appropriate permissions to the files inside flex directory.
5. Set the path of FlexSDK to the path variable
- Open .bashrc
- Add the path of FlexSDK to the path variable.
- Reopen the terminal
6. Compile your flex application using the mxmlc command.